Thursday, June 01, 2006

June First

It is June first and I am no longer employed by Ave Maria College. An odd feeling. Racing and racing until the end to get everything done, not getting everything done (though getting most of it most of the way there), and now a strange sensation of floating...not euphoria, but more like a kite after the string has been cut, or like Wile E. Coyote when he finds himself beyond the edge of the cliff, hanging for a second.

What

comes

next

...?

In my case, Detroit Summer Outreach with YouthWorks-Detroit is the immediate answer. I would be down there right now, but Janice needs space to move into my room with Ruth, so my stuff must be packed and removed. It is taking a bit longer than I thought, I think. I am making progress, though - I've boxed up eleven cartons of books and at least five of other things, all of which are right now down in the room that was April's and will be Charity's. I am planning to be down in Detroit for our first prayer meeting - tonight at 8 p.m.

No comments: